Students and parents have a myriad of questions about the college application process. Our role in the guidance process is to ask the pertinent questions, make suggestions, provide referrals, and above all, keep students informed of opportunities available to them.
We schedule visits with college representatives to show students some of the options available to them, and are developing relationships with local businesses to introduce them to the wide variety of career options available. We treasure the relationships we establish with our students and look forward to working with them.
College counseling begins when they enter their freshman year of high school. Students meet with our Registrar, Staci Jones, to review credit requirements and develop a preliminary credit chart for their high school career.
AT FFCHS, we know that not all students are college bound. Our goal is to give every student the skills they need to succeed in their next phase of life, whether vocationally-bound or college-bound. Of our graduating class of 2018, 64% of our students will be attending college and 21% are headed into the workforce. Our students are voyaging into bright and promising futures!
FFCS students are developing a reputation for being the type of students colleges and universities are actively seeking.
• Accepted into the University of Idaho, Montana State, WSU and OSU
• Scholarships: $20,000 from the University of Idaho, $8,000 from OSU
• James will attend OSU and study Chemical Engineering
• Accepted into Warner Pacific, Multnomah University, and Concordia University
• Scholarships: $14,000 from Concordia University
• Accepted into the University of California, Michigan State, Virginia Tech, the University of Washington, the University of California – San Diego, the University of California – Davis, and Purdue University
• Scholarships: $53,000 from Purdue University
• Rui will attend the University of Washington and major in Business
• Accepted to the University of Multnomah and LeTourneau University
• Scholarships: $52,000
• Mike plans to earn an avionics degree with an electronics focus from LeTourneau University
© 2017 Firm Foundation Christian School. All rights reserved.