“I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.” – 3 John 1:4
PHILOSOPHY OF EDUCATION
With prayerful hearts and Godly commitment, faculty and staff partner with parents in preparing their children to function effectively and joyfully in the world as servant leaders. We believe that God has given parents the primary responsibility for the training and education of their children. We seek to help students cultivate a deeper walk with Jesus Christ, pursue humility and truth, and develop a Biblical worldview that they can thoughtfully articulate to others. This preparation is done in a safe and enjoyable environment; teachers and administration work together to foster an atmosphere of humility, faith, discipline and grace. A united front between home and school is key to a successful and God-glorifying experience for all.
We define education as growth in two areas: Christ-like character and academic excellence. Christ-like character is developed as the Gospel is proclaimed and demonstrated and students respond in faith and repentance, as the Holy Spirit brings conviction. We seek to help students see Jesus Christ as the only source for true transformation and growth. Academic excellence is developed as we provide our students with rigorous and relevant curriculum that pursues truth and discovers God’s design in all of life. God is sovereign over all fields of study and His handiwork can be seen from the intricacies of the cell to the beauty of a sunset, from the form and flow of language to the complexity of calculus, from the stories of the past to the hopes for the future. We seek to help students build their lives on the Lord Jesus Christ.
FFCHS is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI), and are accredited through the Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC formerly NAAS) in order to provide a secondary education that effectively equips our students for higher education and vocational training. FFCHS is a ministry of Hockinson Apostolic Lutheran Church, which oversees the school through a Board of Directors. FFCHS holds the authority of the home and church in high regard and thus endeavors to teach the fundamentals of the Christian faith which are held in common by all within Christ’s Church.
HISTORY OF FFCHS
Firm Foundation Christian School is a non-denominational school. It was founded as a K-8 school in 1995 as a non-profit ministry of the Apostolic Lutheran Church. Thirty-two students attended the first year. For the first six years, the school used rented facilities. In 2001, FFCS moved to its current location in Battle Ground. God provided the means to complete an additional building in the fall of 2006. The first high school class began their freshman year in September of 2006 as the founding Firm Foundation Christian High School class. The high school continued to add one class each year, with the first senior class graduating in the spring of 2010.
FOUNDATIONAL BELIEFS AND TEACHINGS
- We believe in the creation of man by the direct act of God (Gen. 1:26-28; Gen. 5:1-2.)
- We believe in God’s covenant of marriage between one man and one woman.
- We believe God established the family as the primary means by which children will grow in the discipline and instruction of the Lord (Gen. 2:18-25; Deut. 6:4-7; Eph. 6:1-4).
- We believe the Bible to be the verbally inspired and only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (II Tim. 3:16; II Peter 1:21).
- We believe that man is sinful by nature and that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential and an absolute necessity for his salvation (Rom. 3:19, 23; John 5:24; Eph. 2:8-19; Titus 3:5, 6, John 3:16-19).
- GRACE ALONE: God loves the people of the world, even though they are sinful, rebel against Him and do not deserve his love. He sent Jesus, His Son, to love the unlovable and save the ungodly (Eph. 2:8; Gal. 2:21).
- FAITH ALONE: By his suffering and death as the substitute for all the people of all time, Jesus purchased and won forgiveness and eternal life for them. Those who hear this Good News and believe it have the eternal life it offers. God creates faith in Christ and gives people forgiveness through Him (Rom. 1:17, 3:22a, 3:28, 5:1-2).
- SCRIPTURE ALONE: The Bible is God’s inerrant and infallible Word, in which he reveals His law and His Gospel of Salvation in Jesus Christ. It is the sole rule and norm for Christian believers (Psalm 119:105; II Peter 1:19-21; II Tim. 3:16; Hebrews 4:12).
“Work with all your heart, as unto the LORD.” – Colossians 3:23