Frequently Asked Questions
Call the office at 360-687-8382 and ask for Mrs. Baker or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. She would love to hear from you!
Firm Foundation Christian School has been fully accredited with the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) since 2013.
FFCS is also accredited with Cognia, a worldwide network that acknowledges high quality schools, with 30,000 accepted in 70 different countries.
Firm Foundation Christian School is a non-denominational school attended by students from over 60 area churches. We are sponsored by the Hockinson Apostolic Lutheran Church. The school is a separate non-profit organization.
A six-member Board, with the Board President as chairperson. Board members must be members of a local Apostolic Lutheran Church.
Firm Foundation Christian School is certified with the State of Washington as a legal private school. The majority of teaching staff hold Bachelor degrees or Master’s degrees and/or Teaching Credentials.
- Basketball via HotShots (potential return in 2023/2024 school year)
- Middle School/High School
*Teams/Leagues are determined by number of participants.
Additional sports based on student interest and time/resource permitting.
Afterschool sports not offered at FFCS may be pursued through students local public school.
We offer “fun lunch” options throughout the year, such as a pizza day or Chick-Fil-a day. Information on ordering is sent out to families. Order forms and payments must be received by the stated deadline. Milk is available on campus for students to order.
FFCS offers before school care beginning at 7:00 a.m. until 7:30 a.m. Students arriving after 7:30 a.m. are not charged.
Before school care rates:
$6.00 minimum charge of one hour per student
After school care rates:
After school care is available until 6:00 p.m. You may call the school office to schedule your child for after school care.
Care scheduled prior to NOON: $7.00 per hour per student
Care scheduled after NOON: $8.00 per hour per student
After school care includes various scheduled activities: snack, recess, homework time, arts & crafts, games, etc.
Arrival and Departure (Drop-Off and Pick-Up)
Drop-off Times: Please observe the following designated drop-off times for your child(ren).
- Drop-off PreK 3/4: 8:00 – 8:15 a.m. (Students to be in classroom at 8:15 a.m.)
- Drop-off PreK 4/5 AM: 8:00 – 8:15 a.m. (Students to be in classroom at 8:15 a.m.)
- Drop-off PreK 4/5 PM: 11:30 – 11:45 a.m. (Students to be in classroom at 11:45 a.m.)
- Drop-off (K-5th) 7:40 – 8:10 a.m. (Students to be in classroom at 8:10 a.m.)
- Drop-off (6th-12th) 7:30 – 7:40 a.m. (Students to be in classroom at 7:40 a.m.)
Pickup Times: There are 4 designated pickup times. Parents who arrive before their designated pickup time will be required to exit the parking lot and re-enter at the correct time.
Students are to be picked up based on the oldest student:
- PreK students with no other FFCS siblings are to be picked up at 2:30 p.m. (No placard required.)
- If a family’s oldest FFCS student is in high school, they will pick up all their students at 2:45.
- If a family’s oldest FFCS student is in middle school, they will pick up all their students at 3:00.
- If a family’s oldest FFCS student is in elementary school, they will pick up all their students at either 3:10 or 3:20, as assigned.
Color placards will be assigned to designate pick up times (will not switch mid-year):
- WHITE: 2:45 pick up time
- YELLOW: 3:00 pick up time
- BLACK: 3:10 pick up time
- RED: 3:20 pick up time
Preschool (3 & 4 years old): 1 half day class of up to 14 students
Preschool (4 & 5 years old): 2 half day classes of up to 18 students
Kindergarten: 2 classrooms of 20 students per classroom
Grades 1: 2 classrooms of 22 students per classroom
Grades 2: 2 classrooms of 22 students per classroom
Grades 3 – 5: 2 classrooms of 24 students per classroom
Grades 6 – 8: 2 classrooms for each grade, up to 24 students per classroom
Grades 9 – 12: One class of each grade, up to 26 students per classroom
Exceptions may be made if deemed necessary by the school board or administrator.