Dear FFCS Family,
It has been an interesting couple of weeks, hasn’t it? None of us could have envisioned a “century fire” situation, especially on top of COVID-19. 2020 is definitely calling for patience and flexibility!
At FFCS, we are adapting with the goal of a continuum of education over the course of the entire school year while fostering safety for our students and their families. Here is a brief recap of some of the recent changes and upcoming events:
· Volunteer Training will be held on September 21
· The golf tournament has been rescheduled to September 24
· A meeting for the Washington DC trip will be held on September 29
· Friday, October 9th, will be an instructional make-up day (students need to be on campus)
· Picture Days has been rescheduled to October 12 & 13.
This week, we also had our first chapel time of the year for students. The services are live streamed to classrooms to support our social distancing guidelines. Middle and high school looked at Mark 9:30-37. There’s a lot to learn from that passage, but one of the most compelling statements in that passage is” If anyone would be first, he must be last of all and servant of all.” Having the heart of a servant and a desire to help others is a trait we seek to help develop in our students.
In these uncertain times, there are many opportunities to serve. It is also an opportunity to be a light in our community for the gospel, and many of our families have reached out to help others. Thanks for being such a great example!